Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dirty dance...anyone?



Wow.. I finally watched the movie!

The movie was made in 1987 with Patrick Swayze (Johnny) and Jennifer Grey (Baby) as the lead actors.

From the time I was a child I was crazy about the movie and unfortunately always saw it in bits and pieces. I think Patrick Swayze is extremely sexy. I wish I could dance with him...hehe..keep dreaming Deboshree.

The chemistry between Johnny and Baby was lovely to say the least. It was amazing. I really believe that dancing brings out the best in us. I never feel as alive as I do while dancing. Freedom is the word. I feel like I'm flying and no one can take that away from me. That is one reason I can never stop dancing.

The choreograpy by Kenny Ortega was simply mind blowing. Till date, Dirty Dancing is one of the best dance movies I have seen.

If given a chance, I would love to learn dirty dancing although it is more of instinct in this dance form rather than technique (at least that is the impression I got).

The music, my god, is wonderful! Cry to me, time of my life, hungry eyes and she's like the wind are all amazing. The movie was such a wonderful package with great music, amazing choreography and lovely acting.

I wonder if anyone else feels like dancing that way (can you hear me Emmi?). I certainly do and at least once, I will.

5 comments:

Fragrant Liar said...

I too love that movie. That picture you have posted there, of the two of them, is priceless. Sexiness personified.

epasen said...

I'll sign every word you just wrote. What else can I say, the movie is full of feeling. One day we'll dance like that. Love, Emmi

Nancy said...

Oh yeah! My husband has the soundtrack and we have listened to it for years. I know what you mean about dancing - I have always felt the same way. There is something so wonderful about dancing with everything you've got!

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

I was right :) Those that have a love for dancing will love that movie. I strongly recommend this movie entitled Dance of the Dragon. It's really really beautiful and I'm quite sure you'll love it. And for laughs, go see Blades of Glory and Dance Flick... eheh... ;)

Not sure if you can get this kind of movie in your part of the world, but here's the official website: Dance of the Dragon - Official Movie Site