Sunday, December 20, 2009

I BELONG...


A moment out of time, a moment where you can leave all your thoughts behind and just enjoy the company of the ones you love.
That was what 19th of December stood for me. I realised that in any joint initiative what matters most is teamwork and bonding.


A Volunteer moment

Our Christmas Day Celebrations at Pehal (the NGO I work for) was a great success! Yes, it is the children we do all this for, but without the correct guidance and support, none of us would have lasted. None at all. We would just be disillusioned and drift away with time. But that is not possible in this case and why is that? Because of the way our team has come together. The credit for this goes to Prachi, our project co-ordinator. Not only is she a wonderful person with great initiave, but she also knows how to bring people together and make them feel like they belong. That is what she has done for me. Today I feel as though I BELONG to project Aashayein (Hope) and all its other projects and that is mainly because of Prachi's warmth, understanding and encouragement.




The event was a great success right from decorating the room to distributing snacks amongst the children to playing games with them! But the best part was played by SANTA! Our dear fellow volunteer who played the part perfectly!
All I can associate with Project Pehal is the sincere desire to make a difference and taking all the required steps in bridging the gap between what is and what needs to be.


Our dearest Santa at work!


Lastly, I want to thank our dearest Prachi, without whom Project Pehal and Aashayein would have simply hung in the air. Thank you for being with us and making everything special.


Dr. Prachi with her irresistible smile!

7 comments:

Anandita Yadav said...

im with you , debo love

Anonymous said...

oshadharon ^_^

Ron said...

Wow! Sounds amazing. I'm very interested to learn more about this project. If you can, please send me some info via FB. I'm going to be in India again in a few months on major assignment...hope to stop by and meet you some day!

Have a safe and happy holidays! Merry Christmas and all the best to you and yours!

Love lots!
Ron

TheChicGeek said...

Beautiful post, Deboshree :) So many beautiful faces!
I came to wish you a very Merry Christmas!
Love and Light to You, Deboshree.
Many blessings,
Kelly

Deboshree said...

@Andy- I know baby. You always are ^_^

@Anonymous- oshadharon kaeno?

@Ron- Hehe..I will send you al the information. I will look forward to meeting you if and when the time comes ^_^

@Kelly- Thank you love! God bless you my dear.

Love
Deboshree

Anonymous said...

How wonderful it is to be in positive company! Judging by the photos you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. Partaking in a project is something that will enrich you and others as well as develop a network community.

John said...

Oh! No wonder I didn't get any Christmas presents, because Santa was in India!

:p