Monday, December 14, 2009

The love which pours out....






Tell me something,
Today I ask all of you a question. Perhaps I'm mistaken somewhere and I sincerely hope you will correct me if I am.
The thing is, whenever I make someone my friend, I have this need inside me which grows day by day and suddenly, it grows so much that it becomes a part of my being. I get this desire to know that person, not merely as an acquaintance but as someone who matters. I get this desire to touch the very depths of that person's heart and be an inseperable part of him/ her.

I am talking about friends here. Friendship goes way beyond the irregular hellos in my case. Friendship means a bond where two people can share anything under the sun, anything that troubles them and anything that makes them happy. Friendship means that you can cry on my shoulder when you are in pain and I can count on you when I am shattered. Friendship means that I will be there for you when you need me, even if it is at some unearthly hour. Friendship means I WILL MAKE TIME for you, I will let you know all my weaknesses and be happy that you know. It means that I give you the power to hurt me or love me, as you please. Friendship is synonymous with love for me. Love has so many forms and friendship is its very foundation.

Do I ask for too much?

Sometimes people ask me..

Why do you want to know that person so badly?
Why do you care so much?
Why can't you be happy with just talking to that person every now and then?
Why do you want to know every side of that person?
Why do you want to be a part of his/ her heart?

Why why why...why indeed?

The only answer I can give to that is that that's the only way I know. Love with everything I have or don't love at all. I don't get this feeling with everybody but when I get it for somebody, its hard for me to let go of things half way.

Is it soo bad to want to be a part of someone's heart? To be there and love that person with all that we are capable of? I don't mean love in the romantic sense. I mean love with all its colours and all its healing powers. The love which reaches out and protects the ones you care for.

Sadly, my love is misunderstood more often than being understood.

So tell me, do I ask for a lot?

16 comments:

TheChicGeek said...

Deboshree, no, you don't ask too much. Your words are so beautiful and I understand exactly what you are talking about. I love how you have said, "I mean love with all its colours and all its healing powers. The love which reaches out and protects the ones you care for. " True friendship has that power of love and healing and protection. I am so very blessed to have several friends just like you describe in my life. I have been lucky in that respect and I am so thankful for it.
I want to make a beautiful painting and put your words that describe friendship right in the center of it and place it in my home. Having someone you can trust, someone that loves you unconditionally, someone that MAKES TIME FOR YOU and YOU THEM...that's what true friends are.
You are such a beautiful person. I am so happy to know you. Whenever I come here you touch my heart with your words and I leave feeling so much better :) Thank You, Deboshree!

I hope the exams went well for you!
Love and Hugs, Dear Friend! Have a Happy Week!
xxO
Kelly

VENNILLA said...

Hi.. I am new to this blogging.. I don no nothing about this.. In the beginning i don know whether u l visit my blog.. And thats wat i meant by links..

Deboshree said...

@Kelly-
Kelly!!! You always make my day. You make me smile and always make me feel special. Thank you soo much for that!!
I soo want to love Kelly! Without limits and boundaries! If only the world was full of people like you, life would be so much more worth living!
If you make that painting, do show it to me!
I'm the lucky one here! That you decided to drop in and be a dear friend was my good luck!!

Thank you for making time for me^_^

Lots of love
Deboshree

Nancy said...

You are a dear and beautiful person. Unfortunately not everyone wants to share themselves in that way. But the ones that do - and the ones you connect with - are your soul mates. Not all soul mates are romantic - some are exactly what you expressed.

Anonymous said...

I WILL tell you something,
the feelings you expressed are as pure as humanly possible. But the point you finally catch hold of is that you'll find very few people who echo these exact thoughts, and then amongst them to have them as true friends is just pure luck.

I'm sure with the inner beauty you possess, you really do have such friends. ^_^

Deboshree said...

@Nancy- Yes, you are absolutely right. How beautiful it would be if everyone would be willing to give themselves more freely.
Thank you for making me realise that I'm not the only one who thinks that way ^_^

@Anonymous-
Thank you for dropping by (yet again). I do have such people around me and I am thankful to have them. They are not many but it's not the number that counts.Tui bhaalo thaakish mona^_^

Love
Deboshree

Ron said...

Wow!
This was absolutely beautiful. It made my day, caught me in rapture and brought me down to earth.

I'm so very lucky to have your friendship! Hope all is well. I'm sorry I haven't had much time to drop by, but please know that you're in my thoughts.

Love,
Ron

Deboshree said...

@Ron-
Finally you come here!!!
I'm touched that you found time to drop by inspite of your hectic schedule. I appreciate it ^_^

Now you've made my day by letting me know that I am in your thoughts.

Lots of love
Stay well
Deboshree

Sun said...

Hi.. nice posts.. I like ur blog.. Hope u will visit my blog too..

Anonymous said...

My dearest one, you are not asking for too much. True friendship is both rewarding and enjoyable. It is the type of bond that is totally different than a familial or personal one. However, the common thread to it all is love. If you can find one true friend that will reciprocate the same emotions and faithfulness then you are truly blessed. As with any real relationship this takes time. Beautiful thoughts.

PS: Yes I am an Anime fan :D and this manga will be my first to write. But I read them as well. I suggest you finish that book you've started. Do not let time pass without writing out your thoughts and dreams. Even if you have to carve out 1 hour per week.

Blessings,

Sharla

Deboshree said...

@Sharla- Thank you so much for dropping by. Yes, you are right. Love is the common bond.

I will try, my dear friend. Thank you for always encouraging me and being a dear friend.

Lots of love
Deboshree

epasen said...

Dear Deboshree,

I could sign every single word you wrote. I know I've never seen you in my life but I've seen you... I've seen your soul in your texts. It's like having a great friend, great love, somewhere on the other side of this planet. All I can say is I know what you mean, and I know that you know what I mean by saying that.

Love
Emmi

Deboshree said...

@Emmi- My dearest Emmi, I have felt connected to you from the very moment I read your thoughts.
I agree my love, we are connected in some way.Don't know how but I know we are^_^

You stay well please
Love you
Deboshree

GYPSYWOMAN said...

another thoughtful insightful beautiful post, deboshree - and yes, nancy says it all, doesn't she? we are all so lucky to be able to count a beautiful spirit such as you as our friend!

oh, lest i forget, i posted a couple of paintings i just did in my 12/28 post called the canvases of my days - check them out if you get a chance -

peace and love - jenean

John said...

Nope, you are a great friend, not just to me, but to all those who had the honor of knowing you as a friend.

Unconditional love that keeps pouring unguarded can be hurtful sometimes, but I know you will get through it, strong and stronger.

Take care my friend, and I'm blessed to have met you.

Deboshree said...

@John-
My dearest John, thanking you for dropping by. It really means a lot, especially when I know how busy you have been these days.

Yes, I have to be careful about that 'coz I have been hurt before.

Lots of love
Deboshree